Liberated Teacher With Naomi Absalom
Time & Location
About The Event
What if we viewed our teaching as a practice for creative recovery and ongoing inquiry as opposed to a skill to master?
Learning how to sensitively balance and integrate our own necessary ongoing education, development and reflection with the essential techniques for holding space for others in a powerful, yet non-intrusive, non-dogmatic way can be seriously demanding and often overwhelming for the majority of teachers, particularly when there is so little supervision, support, feedback or even community.
This workshop will introduce you to the art of holding space with integrity and skill both for yourself and for your students. We will discuss:
- the psychology of teaching - in particular common cycles and patterns which can deplete our precious emotional reserves,
- the codes to a teachers nervous system - simple yet truly powerful practices for essential daily resilience and long term sustainability,
- reframing imposter syndrome - how to hold the charge and stay close to the inner experience,
- the power in your voice - connect to it, harness it, train it to come through with purpose,
- creative inspiration - key techniques for establishing a bubbling well to draw from,
Overall you will gain a greater understanding of your unique who/ what and why - plus clarity around the great paradox of teaching, where you may be blocked and what to do about it straight away.
Reframing your teaching as artistry will blow the doors off what you thought was possible!
This workshop will be part lecture, part practice and part discussion. We will end with a Q&A session.
* Naomi is the creator of 'Liberate & Elevate' mentorships and trainings for bright, innovate yoga teachers. Her six month progam 'Liberate' was one of the first of it's kind to run in London over eight years ago. She now runs three successful mentorships - 'Liberate', 'Elevate' and 'Wings' and mentors hundreds of the UK's most established teachers.